Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Back Like a Bad Nightmare

THE FINE FIVE - JULY 1, 2015:

(1) Hey, I'm back. Miss me? (Probably not; I've been active on Facebook and Twitter. But here I am, after about a two-year absence, to do this here blog thing.)

(2) Today would have been my dad's 82nd birthday. Happy birthday, dad. Hope you're enjoying the 2016 presidential campaign. I think I'm the only one not officially running for POTUS. Yet.

(3) No, seriously - Chris Christie is in the race now. I think that's 14 viable candidates on the Republican Party side of things. I need to get a scorebook. I can't keep track of everyone.

(4) Last week, I rescheduled the carpet cleaning for July 18. Turns out, that's the same day as the KKK rally in Columbia, South Carolina. Seriously considering rescheduling the carpet cleaning again and road tripping. It's a Prius; I can do this on the cheap!

(5) I think if my dad were alive - no, I know if he were alive - he'd be tickled pink about the past two weeks. The demise of the Confederate Flag on government property. The right for same-sex marriage to take place. The Affordable Care Act being upheld. I'm not sure how thrilled he would be with the actual ACA as a physician (most of the medical community despises it for various reasons), but I know he believed that everyone should have health care of some sort. I'm sure he'd grudgingly accept what the government created and hope they could fix Obamacare's inherent issues.

FOODERCIZE FOR JULY 1, 2015

Weight: 249
Steps Taken: 10,041
Miles Walked: 4.54
Calories Consumed: 2,340

Daily Calorie Goal: 2,958 (2,030 + 928 earned through exercise)

STUPID NEWS OF THE DAY:
From Alabama.com: "Gun-shaped iPhone case an 'idiot invention,' police say" - The owners probably have gunshots as ring tones.

STUPID NEWS OF THE DAY - FLORIDA:
From Thrillist: "The Definitive and Final Ranking of All 50 States" - Dead. Freaking. Last. #NoShocker

WEIRD NEWS OF THE DAY:
From The Los Angeles Times: "Woman gives birth, fights off bees, starts wildfire in Northern California" - And you thought you had a rough day!

VIDEO OF THE DAY:
Stephen Colbert, in Monroe, Michigan, wsg/Eminem.


MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY:
"My Town," The Michael Stanley Band



No comments:

Post a Comment