Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ahead Warp Zillion!

THE FINE FIVE:

(1) Got the crazy notion of running for public office today. Not this year. Not even next year. Maybe in 2017. I need to see who in the district in which I live is term-limited, because all of the individuals currently in office have extremely strong name recognition. And I like them, for the most part; I'm even Facebook friends with some (but not, like, BFF Facebook friends, catch my drift?).

(2) I'm sure that crazy notion will fade by the time I wake up tomorrow morning and say to myself, "What was that all about?"

(3) Not having a strong base of support or connections in said district in which I reside also factors into the equation. Most of the people I know in the area - current and former students, and their parents - live in a different district.

(4) And I really don't want to deal with the media scrutiny. I'm neither rich nor famous, but given a choice between the two, I'll take the dead presidents, rather than be a future dead president.

(5) Besides, in many ways, it's more fun following the campaigns (and as a journalist, covering the campaigns) than actually being the candidate.

CAMPAIGN 2016 NEWS OF THE DAY:
From The Atlantic: "The 2016 U.S. Presidential Race: A Cheat Sheet" - Can't tell the players without a program!

FACEPALM NEWS OF THE DAY:
From Vox: "That time John Kasich tried to get his local Blockbuster to pull Fargo from its shelves" - Read the story with a North Dakota accent; it adds depth. (This story also gives me a chance to link one of my favorite This Is SportsCenter promos.)


FLORIDA NEWS OF THE DAY:

WEIRD NEWS OF THE DAY:
From The Palm Beach Post: "PBSO replies to woman's tweet to 'bring me weed'" - Dave's not here, man.

SPORTS NEWS OF THE DAY:
From Deadspin: "Aaron Nola Gives Up First Career Home Run To Opposing Pitcher" - And that made all the difference.

VIDEO OF THE DAY:
Luggage has roller wheels for a reason.


MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY:
Jamiroquai, "Virtual Insanity"


No comments:

Post a Comment