Tuesday, July 7, 2015

And Then, Apathy Set In

THE FINE FIVE - JULY 7, 2015:

(1) Summer break apathy: I brought home the teacher's edition of the English 3 (American Literature) textbook which was introduced to our teaching staff last August, so that I could actually spend time reviewing it over the summer and analyzing which pieces of literature to teach this year. Six weeks later, that same book remains untouched on the coffee table in the middle of the living room.

(2) I get annoyed when my online FitBit Dashboard doesn't synchronize with the actual FitBit that counts my daily steps.

(3) Put together my financial reimbursement paperwork from the NSDA Nationals championship tournament in Dallas today. My classroom looks clean. And good. And fresh. Unfortunately, my computer was SLOW - it made 1995 dial-up modem speed look amazing. Gotta take care of that before classes begin.

(4) Every year, my students are between 14-18 years of age. And every year, I'm another year older than my students. Biologically, at least.

(5) Today was International House of Pancakes' 57th anniversary. They were offering short stacks of three buttermilk pancakes for only 57 cents. And I missed it.

FOODERCIZE FOR JULY 7, 2015
Weight: 246
Steps Taken: 10,743
Miles Walked: 4.85

CAMPAIGN 2016 NEWS OF THE DAY:
From Mother Jones: "There Are 447 People With a Better Chance of Being Elected President Than Donald Trump" - In other news, there's nearly 450 individuals running for POTUS!

STUPID NEWS OF THE DAY:
From Slate: "Not on That Hill" - Dear Prudence: My name is Hilary. Everyone calls me Hillary Clinton. I don't like her. Can you help me stop this?

FLORIDA NEWS OF THE DAY:
From News 4 Jax: "De'Andre Johnson dismissed from FSU football" - And if there hadn't been video, would the dismissal have happened? Survey says ... doubtful.

WEIRD NEWS OF THE DAY:
From The New York Daily News: "Man in New Zealand needs weight-loss surgery so badly, he's going on hunger strike to get it" - Well, that's one way to achieve a goal.

VIDEO OF THE DAY:
The Great Barrier Reef, from a turtle's point of view.


MUSIC VIDEO OF THE DAY:
"The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead," XTC



No comments:

Post a Comment