Friday, June 1, 2007

Welcome To The Jungle!

Hello, and welcome to my new little slice of the Internet. My name is Paul Gaba, and it is an honor and a pleasure to greet you here.

This is not my first dabble into the world o' the blogger. I did this for a while when I had a MySpace page (which has since met its demise, along with the multitude of posts I contributed there), and I've inundated Facebook with them as well. I may very well see about transferring (or copying over) some of those previous blogs to this venue in the near future. We shall see.

If you want to get technical, I did quite a bit of blogging before the term "blog" even existed. Or before the Internet existed (depending on your sources). When I was a full-time journalist in college (1988) and professionally (1988-1994), I pounded out a weekly humorous opinion column for my newspaper employer of the moment. (They were "weekly" because we published once a week. Yeah!) Even though they were pre-Internet/pre-Blog, they were essentially the same thing: a method by which to express myself on the goings-on of the day, random observations, ways of venting and getting things off my chest, or just trying to make someone's life a bit happier. Or some combination thereof. I can't "transfer" these over to this forum, per se, but I may re-type them here (with original publication source and date included), to give you an idea of the warped sense of perception I had back in the day (which was, incidentally, back before "back in the day" was even a phrase!).

A bit about by background: Along with being a full-time journalist (see previous dates) at various newspapers in Michigan, I have been the assistant manager of a Detroit-area high school radio station (1995-99), a wedding DJ (1986-95), a part-time journalist in southeast Florida (2005-present), and a high school English teacher and debate coach (1999-present). At times one or more of these will rear their heads in some way, shape or form, hopefully in a positive way.

I hope you're comfortable; this may be a bumpy ride at times. So lean back in your favorite recliner, with a tall cool one of your choice by your side, and let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment